Thursday, October 3, 2013

Jac's Back!

Hey, people. I'm sorry, first of all. I feel like I've abandoned you guys.

So, I do have some news to share. Breaking Free is in ebook stores already. *tears up* My first series finished as an author myself. I'm happy about that.

Since this blog is about books that other people write, I'm going to just move on now. I've been reading a lot lately--not as much as I used to, but I still read a lot.

Books I'm going to talk about:

  • Freefall by Tess Oliver
  • Guardians: The Girl by Lola StVil
  • Hush, Hush SERIES by Becca Fitzpatrick
  • Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Obsidian, Onyx, Opal, Origin)
Okay, I'm going to start with Freefall, since that's the one that's been on my mind for the past two hours. No, more like the past two weeks.
I really liked this book. It's recommended for a mature audience, but that's just because there is a lot of foul language and has sexual content.
I was really hesitant on reading it, but the sample caught my attention, so I went ahead and bought it. It's not as bad as the warning makes it seem, but that might just be me. I'm good at ignoring that kind of thing.
Here's the overview from Barnes and Noble:

New Adult Contemporary Romance

After leaving high school, with a hard won diploma and the title of most likely to break hearts, Alexander “Nix” Pierce has left his wild, out of control years mostly behind him. A small inheritance from his grandfather has given him the funds to open up his tattoo shop, Freefall, and he has started to pull his life together. Aside from trying to keep his best friend, Dray, from killing himself in the fight ring, and his slight obsession with a pin-up model he’s never met, Nix’s life is going smoothly . . . until Scotlyn James, the object of his obsession, walks into his shop.

Ever since a tragic accident killed her family and left her alone in the world, Scotlyn James hasn’t spoken one word. Up until now she didn’t care that she had no way of talking to people. Her awful aunt would never have listened, and Lincoln Hammond the arrogant, selfish man who pulled her from the streets of Los Angeles wouldn’t hear her words if she could speak. But when Lincoln insists she get a tattoo to cover up a scar on her side, Scotlyn meets the artist, Nix Pierce. And now she longs for her voice. Now she has found someone who will hear her.


So, yeah. I would give it 4 stars. There were some things that I didn't really like, but most of it was pretty good. Nix was a cool character, and I really liked Scotlyn. You just have to get used to the fact that she doesn't talk and what she writes is her words.

Guardians: The Girl is awesome so far. There's some stuff I don't like, but I'm almost done with it. Yeah, I know. I haven't finished a book, and I've been on it for a week or two *gasps in shock* I know. I've been busy! So far, I give it 3.8 stars.

Quickly, I'm going to talk about the Hush Hush series and the Lux. The main guy characters (Patch from Hush Hush and Daemon from Lux) are really important in my life right now. My best friend, Bailey, and I have been arguing over which guy is better (sexier, hotter, a better match for their girls....) I think Daemon's better, but she disagrees. Right now, she's actually reading the Lux series for the first time and is already getting swayed a little bit in my direction.

So, to settle this, if you would please comment or something and tell me who is your favorite (Daemon or Patch). If you don't know who they are or haven't read the books, then just tell me which name you like better. Seriously, this needs to be settled.

That's it for me, guys. Sorry the post was so long.

Thanks for reading!!!

Keep dreaming, because there's a lot of dreams to be had. (Blades of Glory)

IF YOU'RE READING THIS, COMMENT EITHER DAEMON OR PATCH!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!! THE FATE OF MY NERD LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: