Saturday, February 23, 2013

Obsessing About ANOTHER Book

Hey. I'm probably the only one reading this, but whatever. Here we go...

Yesterday, I finished reading Starkissed by Brynna Gabrielson.
I liked this book. I started reading it at, like, midnight and stayed awake until 3 in the morning, just reading it. Then I woke up early and read it nonstop until I finished it. That means it's good.
I would give this one 4 stars. It was entertaining, but...there was some stuff that annoyed me a bit. Like, she didn't really like Grant the way he thought she did until the end, and she made some stupid mistake because she wasn't thinking about Grant.
Okay, overview so you're not confused.
Sydney Kane is ordinary, invisible. She is one out of six sisters, and all of them have the same blonde hair, tan skin, and blue eyes...except her. She's brunette, pale, and green eyed. Automatically, people assume that she's a cousin or something.
Anyways. Sydney takes a trip to NYC to visit one of her sisters--Alyssa--and ends up at a LIMA without her sister. She accidentally runs into a guy named Grant, with good looks, a perfect smile, and a guy that looks around every time he hears something strange. He kisses her outside, right in front of dozens of paparazzi.
Turns out, Grant was the famous Grant West--an actor that is huge. Sydney's life is turned completely upside down back home. People pretend to be her friend, everyone stares, and there's always the whispering. Finally, when things go back to normal, something else happens and she's back in the spotlight again. Grant comes back and apologizes, but she pretty much hates his guts.
Then he asks her on a date, wanting to get to know her. She refuses, since there is still Colin--the guy she's practically been in love with for over three years. He'd finally seemed a little interested, but then Grant came to town, scaring him off a bit.
She has to choose--Grant or Colin?

Okay, that was a bit long, but you get the idea. I could keep going for a long time, but I don't want to give it all away. The thing is...I'm happy with the ending, but not happy at the same time. I do like Sydney--she kind of reminds me of myself...very clumsy, invisible, and she sees things as they are, not how she wants to see them. The popular kids started talking to her, but she told them off, saying that they really didn't give a crap about her, so stop pretending you do. I liked that. The only thing I didn't like about her--and this wasn't her fault--was that she was easy to read. If she was even slightly uncomfortable or embarassed, her face was as red as a tomato.
I didn't really like Colin because he only really wanted her when she was taken. I didn't really like Grant because he cared a lot about how people saw him. When he kissed Sydney, it was because he didn't want to look pathetic in front of the press, since his famous ex was there with a date.
Other than that, I liked Colin, and I liked Grant. Granted, I liked Grant more, but that's because I've got a thing for zombie hunters, even if he's only the actor and isn't really a zombie hunter. He's just...soooo mighty fine.

Anyways, the title of the post wasn't lying, I'm obsessive. Wait... Arianna, Alyssa, Ava, Sydney, Angelina, and America! BOO-YA!! I can say all of the sisters, and I finished the book YESTERDAY, over twenty-four hours ago. Wow, I'm good.

Well, I'll let y'all get back to your lives.

Thanks for reading.

--This Nerd

1 comment: