Friday, February 1, 2013

List of Books I Finished

Hey everybody!

So, I'm sorry about not being on as much. I've been reading and writing stuff for my Creative Writing class at school.

Okay, first on the list of books I finished, Defiance by Shelly Crane.
This is the third book of the Significance series, and this one begins with Maggie and Caleb at the Reunification meeting. Marla continues her dirty tricks and tries to get the council against them, since she was sooo jealous that Maggie is the Visionary.
ANYWAYS, this probably doesn't make any sense. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then read my previous posts about the first two books--Significance and Accordance.
Okay, now that you understand....
I liked this one. I really, really did. The imprints are all coming back, surprises are around every corner, there is a ton of action, and more surprises and action! I will say this one was good, but I can't say it was better than the other two. They were both really good, this one was also good, but I don't know...It's a tie between the first two on the ones I liked the most.

Now, second on the list is Independence by Shelly Crane.
Yes, this is the forth and final book in the Significance series.
This one is mostly about Maggie and Caleb's wedding! It was awesome! There were also a lot of surprises, and some mystery, in this one but it was different than the others. Marcus and the rest of the Watsons are gone...or are they? Then Caleb gets a dream about Maggie dying from a bullet--dying right in his arms. Is it a dream, or did he borrow Maggie's ability in his sleep and see a vision of the future? Did he marry Maggie just to see her die?
But, that can't be possible--when they imprinted, Caleb saw the visions that were farther off. Some of them hadn't happened yet.
But the future is never set in stone.

I thought this one was amazing! I was all...WOW! I loved the wedding and Jen and Maggie and Caleb and Fiona and Bish and Kyle and Lynne and Jim and Gran and Peter and Rachel...and more people. I just loved that the action and mystery didn't ever stop, and just because Maggie and Caleb are married does NOT mean that things are going to be simple and easy. No, that never happens with Maggie. She always gets challenging and life-threatening.

Next on that list...Blank Confession and I don't know the author.
Shayne goes into the police station, turning himself in for murdering someone.
The story goes from Shayne telling the story to it going to the first person POV of Mikey, and then it will go back to third-person of Shayne talking.
Who did he kill? How did Shayne--who is a sixteen year old that looks twelve--kill someone? What is he hiding?
To answer these questions, there is a simple answer. I don't know. I haven't finished the book yet.
I will say that it's good, even though I haven't finished it.

Okay, that's pretty much it for me right now. I'll tell you really quickly that I am rere....(infinity amount of re's)...reading the Lux series since it has been two months since I've read them all. I know--that's such a long time!!!!
I'm trying to fit all of them into one weekend, along with finishing Blank Confession. I don't think I can do it, but I'm sure going to try.

Thanks for tuning in.

Let the geek inside out.

No comments:

Post a Comment