Friday, January 25, 2013

Exciting Updates (Wel...Exciting in my perspective)

Hey everyone!

So...I've finished a lot of books recently, so this might be a long-ish post--just warning you.
I've read a lot, so here we go!! These are the exciting book updates:

First on the list... Do Over by Emily Evans.
I enjoyed this one--it was very entertaining. It was a little bit annoying at some parts--since I'm not really a girly-girl and they were talking about clothes and hair and prom. But I did in fact like Trey.
Anyways. Do Over was about this girl--Paisley--who is the leader of the prom committee (aka Sparkle) and they'd raised $50,000 for the senior prom. The football players and her dad (the coach) took the money without her conscent and spent it on a Jumbotron. So, she has to pick up the pieces and try to make the best prom ever. It's all she can focus on because she thought it was the way she could get her parents together. During the book, you get to see her and Trey--a jock from the school--grow closer into almost-friends. He isn't a dumb jock, but he is the kind of guy that has a different girlfriend everyweek, and sometimes goes to a party with one girl and leaves with another. He's that kind of guy. I don't know though...I liked him. He never really gave up, never really relied on anyone. He liked doing things himself.
I would give the book four stars. I liked it, all things considered. It's not really my kind of book, but I liked it. I also liked Paisley's dad's girlfriend Aster. I know I should hate her, since she was her dad's girlfriend, but she was so cooooolll!!!!



Second, The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I won't say who it's by, since everyone knows that book.
I never finished it. I barely even started it. Bailey took it back, since she needed it for a Literary thingy in Creative Writing. That is all I have to say about it.


Third, Rogue Wave by Christie Anderson.
I am only a third of the way through it, but it is really good so far. It's the second book in the Water Keepers series, which I meantioned several times over my Christmas Break posts. This one is amazing so far! Rayne and Sadie kissed!!!!! I was all "FINALLY!!!" It was wayyyyyy overdue. They hadn't kissed at all in the first book, even though they were bonded. I don't know...This one is interesting. Sadie has to have the Healing Water every 24 hours to survive, or else she can't control her emotions and passes out. Rayne is in charge of protecting her, keeping an eye on her, and giving her the daily doses of Healing Water. That being said, he didn't use any on himself--he can go a few weeks without dosing himself, but he still needs it. He waited until he was practically empty, using it all on Sadie. Then, when he was supposed to get more, it was stolen. Yep, that's as far as I am. It reveals some more things about Voss and Ash (father and son guys that were villians in the last book. Except Ash helped Rayne and then regretted it, since his father almost died because of it). You also learn that if you get involved, then you can't get out of it. Someone close to Sadie's mom got involved, and Sadie found out, and I was like "What the heck?" and thinking about how crazy that was.
 
 
 
Yeah, I think y'all have had enough for one night. I will give you my current reading list for the weekend.
  1. Rogue Wave by Christie Anderson
  2. Breathe by Abbi Glines
  3. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
  4. Defiance by Shelly Crane
  5. Independence by Shelly Crane
I probably won't get to the last two, but I'm hoping to get through at least #3.
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Bye.
 
 
GEEKS FOREVER....UNITE!!!!
 
LATER!

No comments:

Post a Comment