Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Angel Beach

Hey Peoples!
Today I finished Angel Beach, which grabbed my attention enough to keep me from Hush, Hush, so that tells you something.
It was pretty good--not Hush, Hush or Lux series good--but good enough. It was mostly worth my time except there was a lot of cussing and some of the characters were just too mean for my liking. But I am REALLY willing to read that stuff if it's only a dollar. And I'm a sucker for a romance--especially if the girl hates the guy first--like in Obsidian and Hush, Hush.

Have I told you about my epicly terrible fail with Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (I think)? No? Well, I'll repeat it if I have talked about it, if I didn't...pay attention.
Bailey let me borrow Before I Fall a few days ago and I thought This looked good on Barnes and Noble, so I decided to read it, since it was kind of expensive, I knew I wouldn't be able to read it again.
So I started reading and it was okay--not particularly good or awesome, but not bad or terrible either. Then I got to like page forty and got furious. The main character--Sam--was a total jerk to this other girl for no good reason. This girl had never even spoken to her, and Sam pours a drink on her head and shoves her away. She called her 'Psycho' and 'Freak' and a ton of other colorful names that no girl should be called. She said she was weird.
What if Sam went to my school? What would she do to me and my friends? Juliette was not that weird, but my friends and I can be sometimes. We can be goofing off about random stuff, so would she be a jerk to us and call us weird and freaks. Probably.
I was so furious, and I tried--I really did--to get over it, but I couldn't. There was some other stuff that I didn't like, and at that point I was just too mad, so I abandoned a book. That hardly ever happens. That is probably only the fourth or fifth book I've abandoned all year--and I've read more books this year than I have any year in my whole life--I started excessive reading at the end of last year.

Sorry for this being such a long post, but whatever, you can handle it.
Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment