Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Me Obsessing About More Random Stuff

Hey peoples! Did you have a good Christmas?

Okay, I haven't really been reading a lot, but I can't stay away from my blog for more than a few hours, so here I am! I finished rere...reading Unlikely Allies, and now I'm rererere...reading Obsidian.

But...in other news....
The reason I haven't read as much as usual is because I have to win a bet with Bailey. Our last day before break, Bailey said she was going to memorize the Periodic Table. I said I could memorize more of it faster, and...yep, we are all really competitive, so she was all "Bring it on!". The stakes are I have to do her math homework for a week if she wins, and she gives me The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight...which tells you how much she wants me to do her homework. I honestly don't know why she agreed, since she knows how freaky I am with memorizing stuff. I memorized 119 decimals of pi in, like, two hours--and that wasn't continuous, it was me working on it for ten minutes and taking a small break.
So far, I've memorized 63, and I just started yesterday. TAKE THAT BAILEY! I started yesterday because I was way too lazy reading earlier in the break. I could have had it memorized by now.
Yeah, and on Bailey's blog, I found out she only has 28 memorized, but that was yesterday morning, so I'm guessing she has about 32 memorized now.
I've been working on it a lot today--about three or more hours nonstop. It is a lot harder than memorizing numbers, since my brain is more hardwired for numbers. I'm also trying to spell them correctly, so it's taking even longer.

I'm gonna talk about a television show now, if you don't mind too much. Yesterday (while I was memorizing) I was watching Brain Games on National Geographic (it was a marathon).
I learned some really interesting things...like...Did you know it actually isn't possible for the normal human being to multitask? Our brains can only effectively focus on one thing at a time, that's how people can pick your pocket in public. I found out it is really true. They had these dancers on stage, and they said you had to count every time someone went into the spotlight. At the end of the dance, they asked if anyone saw the penguin that walked across the stage behind the dancers. I didn't see it, but Dad did. It was a guy in a penguin suit, and was obvious if you weren't focusing on the dancers.

Interesting stuff, right? I also learned that the average human can only memorize five to seven things without forgetting something. I must not be very average then, because it was kind of easy to memorize half of the periodic table.

I told Parker about it, but he wasn't answering my message, so I don't know if he actually did what I said and watched the show. That's his loss because there were a lot of geeky facts on that thing.

Yep, I'll let y'all get back to your lives.

Thanks for tuning in.
BYE!
Stay geeky.

No comments:

Post a Comment