Sunday, December 23, 2012

I FINISHED ANOTHER BOOK! (Big shocker, Right?)

Hey peoples!

Okay, I know I usually limit myself to one post a day, but I'm willing to make an exception.

I just finished reading Mask by Patricia Caviglia. It was technically a novella instead of the usual novel, but it's still a book...right?
It was pretty good, and it definitely wasn't what I expected.
I don't know...I'm kind of picky and there was a lot of stuff I wish wasn't in it. It was still pretty good, and David's whole bad-boy act was pretty hot, but I don't know what I think about Becca. She didn't see things as clearly as she should. She saw only what she wanted to see, not what was actually there. She didn't see how her best friend stole every guy she liked on purpose. She defended her dad--who abused her and was a jerk to her, saying he was just extremely overprotective and worried about her. This was the same guy who was arrested because he was yelling at her in front of the whole school for no good reason--yeah, he worries. I think she was book smart, but she really wasn't people smart--at all.
She also didn't trust people. She kept her home situation to herself--she wouldn't even trust it with David. She knew he would be there for her, but she really only cared about herself in that. She didn't want him to break up with her if she said her parents refused to let her go out on a date, so she lied--but she should have known he loved her enough to stay with her, even if it was hard. She also lied about a lot of things--and lying is wrong. Especially when you're lying to someone who cares about you and can help you. You just hurt them. And she really hurt David.

But David and Becca were such a cute couple. She was sweet and shy, and he was all bad-boy in the mess-with-me-and-you'll-be-in-the-emergency-room way, but he was actually a good person--it was just an act...mostly. But the whole bad-boy thing is seriously hot--especially if the guy is like David and is actually a good guy.

I don't know...I just have a weakness for a good sap story--I'm a total girl like that.

I have to go.

Thanks for tuning in!
BYE! Stay geeky! (and, yes to Rachel, I switched to 'geeky' for your benefit)
Bye.
Don't be a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment