Monday, December 31, 2012

Okay, This Is One of the Best Books I've Read All Month!!!!

Hey peoples!

Sorry about yesterday's absence--I had to go see the family. I got lip gloss--not to be ungrateful or anything....but lip gloss. I'm about as tomboyish as you can get and I get lip gloss? It smells pretty though--too bad I ain't gonna wear it. I also got socks and a snowflake pencil. So, it was a pretty good day.

I mostly read yesterday--and I stayed up past 6 am reading, trying to finish the book. It was a lot longer than it appeared on Nook. But this morning, I looked it up, and it was 4 dollars! I'm sooo glad I bought it yesterday--I only bought it for 1.
Okay, the book was called Significance by Shelly Crane. It was really....interesting. It did have imprinting on it--kinda like Twilight but with Aces instead of werewolves.
This girl--Maggie (yes, that is her real name, not a nickname)--has had a hard year. Her mom left for no good reason and her dad was so depressed he ignored her and was mean or indifferent to everything that had to do with her. The night after graduation, she's walking--getting away from her dad--when she sees a guy walking across the street and a truck coming.
She saves him and it turns out--he is the cousin of the guy she was about to go out on a date with. After on touch, Caleb--the cousin--imprints on her right in front of Kyle--the guy she was about to leave with. Yeah, that would suck for Kyle, but I personally like Caleb better anyways.
There is this brawl between families and rival clans, and Maggie is dragged right into the middle of it all, with her soul mate saving her--just like she did with him.
People are after her. Since Caleb imprinted on her, they are both waiting to ascend--or get their powers that come anytime after the imprint. These people don't want them to ascend--knowing her gift will be really powerful.
No one had imprinted on anyone else in 20 years--add that to the fact that she's only seventeen, and the imprinting age is in your early 20s.
So Caleb has to protect her from everything--the rival clan....everything that wants to harm her.
Then her dad comes out of it and decides to become her father again--making everything more difficult since she can't be apart from Caleb very long before getting a terrible withdrawal pain. So she has to lie to him--about Caleb and about herself. Once--and if--she ascends, she'll no longer be human, she'll be an Ace...just like Caleb.

I know that is a lot of info--but the book is really long and I didn't even put in as many details as I should to get you to understand it more. It was really long--but I love long books. I love books that take me forever to finish because then there is more to the story--and it's a long read. Since I read books so fast, I like having books that take a day or maybe more--even if I read nonstop.

I think now I'm gonna read some other stuff and see if the second book ever gets cheaper--since it's 5 bucks and I only have 10  week and I am NOT spending half of it on one book unless the series is called Lux--which it's not.

What actually got me to stop and look at Significance--which is an ironic story--the cover had a picture that I'd seen before--it was on a Lux website. It was the cover models of the Lux series! I thought that was awesome.
If you're observant and obsessed about books enough--things might surprise you if you look closely.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I love the perks of being a wallflower, though now Icee why they don't carry it in our library

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you posted this on my blog....why? (I watched the first episode of Doctor Who again, and I made Richie watch it. He liked it.)

      You still have to let me borrow that book in a week or two--I have ta read it.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, because your the book nerd. . . lol excuse me geek. YAY! Doctor Who! Yeah you do have ta read it! I was totally like That's Jackie, the whole time I was reading it

    ReplyDelete